Sunday, July 02, 2006













So, I've been thinking that I should probably spend some time "serving my country." I come from a long line of members of the military (all of the males on both sides of my family have been in the military, also my grandmother aided and even helped hide resistance fighters and partisans during the Japanese occupation and the Korean War).

I'm thinking of joining the reserves, probably in the Air Force (like my dad) or the Navy (like my paternal grandfather). Though the Marines and the Army are not out of the question. Hell, I may just join the Coast Guard Reserves or the National Guard.

I'm still in the planning stages, though, nothing firm, though I do have a meeting with a one-star general that my father knows, who wants to talk to me about signing up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Levi's Fan said...

Because in addition to all of the other amazing things you have taken on, you'd like to have one more to add by the age of 24. I see. And really, you have a lot of spare time now that you're only working on a joint JD and MBA. What the heck. Might as well join the armed forces. You-know-who might be angry though. You know how that person is about the military.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

the reserves are just one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer...so its really not that much time.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

plus if I go into the coast guard reserves, I really will just be helping to rescue people whose boats have capsized and such, so I don't think that you-know-who (are we talking about Voldemort of Harry Potter fame?) would have a problem with that.

and if I join any of the other services I'll probably just work in the JAG office doing the same things I do now for the PD's office

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home